In this position an intern will work with the Director of Development on sponsorship and product donations for various World Sport Chicago events and other community-based programs.
Specific responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Sales and Sponsorship – research and analyze marketing needs/opportunities for prospects; proposal development; calling and emailing potential sponsors and vendors; requesting and reviewing proposals; managing the completion of all forms and contracts; updating vendor/sponsor tracking spreadsheets
• Sponsor Activation – assisting with the development of custom marketing/benefit activation plans for each sponsor; tracking the benefit packages for each sponsor; ensuring fulfillment and documentation of sponsor activation and benefits (print, web, on-site promotions, signage, media, etc.); helping develop post-event reports that showcase each sponsor’s exposure and proves the fulfillment of each of their benefits
• Sponsor Communication and Recognition - overseeing the monthly sponsor newsletter and sponsor update reports; managing the sponsor highlight section in the WSC Volunteer Newsletter and the WSC Board Newsletter; responding to sponsor inquires and requests; managing communication and flow of information to the vendors/sponsors
• Hospitality and VIP Experience - managing VIP invitations and RSVP lists to ensure sponsor engagement; creating and managing an enjoyable and memorable experience for all the VIP guests which include: sponsors, community and political leaders, professional athletes, Olympians and Paralympians, board members and other key contributors
• On-site Support: working with vendors and sponsors on the details of their involvement; ensuring all vendors and sponsors are fully supported and have all the tools and resources they need; managing the signage and branding needs for all sponsors/vendors; serving as a contact person at the event for sponsors and vendors; assisting with media and VIP experience
• Administrative Support – scheduling meetings; securing meeting space; data entry; report generation and monitoring; etc
There are opportunities starting in January, April, June and September. An eight to twelve week minimum commitment is required.