RAMBLERLINK JOB ID: 43900
Job Summary: The mission of the Dystonia Medical Research Foundation is to advance research for more treatments and ultimately a cure, to promote awareness and education, and to support the needs and well being of affected individuals and families. The Public Policy Intern will assist with researching, developing and implementing effective legislative strategies for the DMRF.
Reports to: Executive Director
1. Manage the Foundation’s campaign.
2. Assist in supporting the Dystonia Advocacy Network (DAN), a collaborative of five dystonia patient groups.
3. Monitor the DAN’s website and respond to program queries to effectively engage interested parties via electronic communications and social networks.
4. Research and develop a strategy regarding the Social Security Administration and dystonia-related disability issues.
5. Assist with the development of new strategies for achieving the approved legislative agenda.
6. Other duties as assigned.
A stipend will be paid upon completion of this internship.
• Must possess exceptional written and oral communication skills
• Must be accurate, well organized, and a self-starter
• Must have strong computer experience, including Microsoft Word, Excel
• Majoring in or have a bachelor’s degree in political science
• Must possess critical thinking skills
• Must be compassionate and dedicated to being a part of a small team of professionals
One E. Wacker Drive
Chicago, Illinois 60601