REPORTS TO: Director of Resource Development
· Hours Needed: Monday through Friday, 11:00 – 7:00 p.m. Ability to maintain flexible core daytime schedule, with occasional weekend work, including up to two weekends a month, would be ideal.
POSITION SUMMARY: Assists theDirector of Resource Development with volunteer coordination, including scheduling volunteers, orienting new volunteers and ensuring that volunteers have a good experience with the organization. This position is also responsible for assisting theDirector of Resource Development with fundraising activities, including the organization’s Annual Benefit, Tag Days, and working with corporate volunteers.
· Must have experience building, developing, and managing volunteer resources.
· Must possess outstanding interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
· Must demonstrate significant success working with diverse economic, cultural and faith-based groups.
· Schedule the appropriate amount of volunteers to work in the Community Kitchen.
· Coordinate and facilitate A Just Harvest volunteer orientations.
· Establish and maintain effective communications with volunteers.
· Develop and implement strategies to recruit additional volunteers as needed (for example, posting volunteer opportunities on internet volunteering sites)
· Manage the collection and entry of volunteer contact information and other data.
· Respond to all requests, inquiries, and messages in a timely manner; refer inquiries as appropriate
· Help recruit, train and place volunteers for our annual small fundraisers, such as Tag Days, CROP Walk and Hunger Walk.
· Assist with various components of the Annual Banquet in October, including compiling the list of Volunteers of the Year, tracking ticket sales, managing basic logistics and assisting as needed with the Annual Magazine.
· Provide public education on A Just Harvest’s mission, advocacy, and direct service.
· Represent A Just Harvest at local and regional volunteer/service/mission fairs, congregational events, related ministry and denominationally based meetings, and faith-based advocacy groups.
· Assist Development Director in recruiting and engaging corporate volunteers and young professionals in the work and mission of A Just Harvest.
· Attend staff, agency, and inter-agency meetings, trainings and seminars as assigned.Participate in the agency’s public relations and fund raising activities as required
· Research specific fundraising opportunities.
· Assist with maintenance of the data base and the timely thanking of donors.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
· Excellent written, oral, interpersonal and public speaking skills.
· Minimum two year’s experience with volunteer or human services management/coordination.
· Exemplary organizational skills and keen attention to detail.
· Familiarity with Microsoft Word.
· Able to work comfortably with diverse constituencies.
· Previous fundraising experience, either as staff or as a volunteer.
Please submit resume with cover letter to Michaela Lovegood: email@example.com